We believe you always deserve a second opinion, so we’ve gathered a list of other websites that are geared to helping investors understand how investments work, which agencies govern the rules & what kind of protection they’re afforded.
- Bloomberg offers a network of financial data, news and analytics through innovative technology.
- Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF) - IPC Securities is a member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund. This website has a Frequently Asked Questions segment and details the protection afforded to our investors.
- Financial Consumer Agency of Canada a federal government website that provides information on investment products and services to inform and protect consumers
- Financial Planning Standards Council a non-profit organization that promotes and enforces professional standards in financial planning.
- The Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) is the national self-regulatory organization which oversees all investment dealers and trading activity on debt and equity marketplaces in Canada.
- Investment Fund Institute of Canada (IFIC): a financial industry association that advocates for changes to the investment industry. It also contains a section for investors that provides educational articles and a glossary of investment terms.
- The Canadian Institute for Financial Planners a non-profit association of Canadian Certified Planner professionals. The site contains an investor section that has helpful links to other websites with information and articles.
- Counsel Portfolio Services is a comprehensive portfolio service company centered on providing investors with a disciplined approach to investing for the long-term.
- The Canada Revenue Agency administers tax laws for the Government of Canada and for most provinces and territories, and administers various social and economic benefit and incentive programs delivered through the tax system.
- KPMG Accountants is a Canadian leader in delivering Audit, Tax, and Advisory services. KPMG responds to clients’ complex business challenges across the country and around the world.
- Investopedia Investopedia sources articles from nearly 200 writers located around the world with expertise ranging from active trading to frugal living and everything in between.
- Financial Services Commission of Ontario licenses and regulates insurers in the province of Ontario to ensure they comply with the law.
Ensure you have the insurance policy that will provide adequate coverage that suits your needs.
- The Fraser Institute is an independent non-partisan research and educational organization based in Canada.
- Free To Choose began as a ten-part award-winning PBS television series featuring Milton Friedman, Nobel Prize-winning economist.
- AiCanada is a property appraiser association
- Erassure is a executor liability Insurance website